My local Part B Medicare contractor is asking for help with its provider education strategies and efforts so, on June 10th, 2010 I made the early-morning drive down Interstate 4 to Orlando, Florida to meet about 20 like-minded health care providers for a two-hour question & answer session.
Our mandate is to...
- Reviewing new and existing Medicare education programs
- Recommending changes to these programs
- Alerting FCSO to problems or concerns affecting providers
- Networking with other professionals interested in Medicare
- Disseminating information from the POE-AG to the organizations each member represents.
- Site surveys, PECOS
- Original signatures vs. electronic signatures
- HIPPA 5010
- The new FCSO website
- CERT/RAC audits
- Issues with E/M coding